Being a parent is a tough job at times. Being a teen parent is even more challenging. That’s why the ELECT Teen Parenting Program is offering support to young moms and dads attending participating schools in the Midwestern IU service area.
Why Students Should Participate in the Teen Parenting Program
• To receive needed support in order to stay in school and graduate.
• To assist in obtaining help with academics.
• To participate in career exploration and personal development workshops.
• To obtain information and referrals to community agencies that serve children & families.
• To learn about prenatal care, child development, nutrition, health and parenting skills.
• To participate in individual and group meetings.
• To receive help in securing childcare arrangements.
• To learn from, and gain support from, other teen parents.
The primary focus of this program is to:
• assist young parents to stay in school, or to return to school and graduate,
• assist young parents to plan for their future, and
• become contributing citizens
Services provided include, but are not limited to:
• Academic support
• Parenting education
• Labor and delivery information
• Summer programs
• Career preparation/Job training
• Transition services
• Post-secondary planning
ELECT Staff Highlight
724-458-6700 x1224Lawrence CountyTeen Parenting Counselor
(724) 658-4064 x7129Mercer County
Sarah Burdett, M.A.Teen Parenting Counselor