Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV’s physical location is closed consistent with the Governor’s Emergency Declaration issued in response to the coronavirus pandemic. During this mandated closure, MIU IV may not be able to respond to requests for public records under the Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law (RTKL). The Office of Open Records (OOR) has advised that when a public entity is closed, that day is not a “business day” and does not count toward the five business days referenced in Section 901 of the RTKL, which governs the time period under which an agency must respond to a request. Consequently, MIU IV will process requests once it reopens; therefore, unless you have an urgent need to access public records, please do not file any new RTKL requests at this time. If submitting a request is necessary, please seek copies of records (preferably electronic) rather than in-person inspection. In-person inspection of records will not be possible during the current closure. Thank you for your understanding.
In compliance with Act 3 of 2008, Pennsylvania’s Right to Know Law, the Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV Policy regarding Public Records, was adopted February 2003, and revised December 2008. MIU IV Board Policy
Effective January 1, 2009, all requests for access to Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV public records must be made in writing to the Open Records Officer on a Right to Know Request Form.
Click on the link to the right to download the form in PDF format OR contact MIU IV's Office of Open Records to have one mailed to you. A form may also be obtained by contacting the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records at (717) 349-9903 or email@example.com
Open Records Officer Responsibilities
The Right to Know Officer holds the following responsibilities:
• Receives written requests for access to records submitted to the Intermediate Unit.
• Reviews and responds to written requests in accordance with law, Board policy and administrative regulations.
• Directs requests to other appropriate individuals in the Intermediate Unit or in another agency.
• Tracks the Intermediate Unit’s progress in responding to requests.
• Issues interim and final responses to submitted requests.
• Maintains a log of all record requests and their disposition.
• Ensures Intermediate Unit staff are trained to perform assigned job functions relative to requests for access to records.
Right to Know Contact
Brenda A. Marino, Esq.
Assistant to the Executive Director
Open Records Officer
(724) 458-6700 x1204