Training and Consultation (TaC) services function as a specialized resource for school districts by providing technical assistance, on-site consultation, guided practice, professional development, and professional learning communities in the following Pennsylvania state-mandated, special education initiative areas:
• Assistive Technology
• Multi-tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) formerly known as Response to Instruction and Intervention (RtII)
• Least Restrictive Environment/Inclusive Practices
• Positive Behavior Support
• Secondary Transition/Interagency Coordination
• To learn more about the initiatives and/or request support, please click on each initiative link or contact Richael Fertig at 724-287-4156 ext. 1008
Beyond the required initiatives, TaC staff provides consultation and professional development in other areas related to special education such as Individualized Education Plans, disability awareness, procedural safeguards, special education forms, parent engagement, and para-educator training.