SmartContract and Consortiums
2016 Technology Bid
MIU IV is a certified vendor under the Act 35 Instructional Equipment purchase program. Our Vendor Number is 5493.
MIU IV is a certified vendor under the Nonpublic Information System. Our VDMU/Supplier Number: 145039, EIN: 1215899, Vendor Name: Midwestern Intermediate Unit 4
SmartContract is a service of Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV (MIU IV), for all participants in Pennsylvania listed below. Since 1994, MIU IV has saved schools and other nonprofit agencies thousands of dollars through it's technology bidding and purchasing program. From the SmartContract you can buy everything to do with technology.
The Smart Contract is bid every year for a one year period. MIU IV follows all state rules and regulations in their bid process. For a copy of legal documentation, contact Laura Urbach, Board Secretary at 724-458-6700 x1203.
MIU IV's SmartContract program will provide participants in Pennsylvania with the best pricing and offers additional features including purchasing directly from a vendor online. You may also purchase directly through Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV.
Any of the following institutions and organizations in Pennsylvania may participate in this bid.
- School Districts
- Vocational-Technical Schools
- Nonpublic Schools
- Charter Schools
- Private Schools
- Public Libraries
- Colleges and Universities
- Nonprofit Agencies and Organizations
- State and Local Governments
The awarded companies for 2016 are:
- SHI International
- Source Code
- Prismworks Technology
- Connectivity Communications
- OA Systems
- Open Systems Pittsburgh
- Network Access
So if you need antivirus software, a firewall, a backup solution, laptops, tablets, Microsoft software or anything in technology. We are partnered with the largest technology companies in the world. This gets you the lowest prices in the world.
Click the name to get to the company that won the bid or call the contacts to the right for assistance.
- Desktops and/or servers:
- Laptops and/or tablets:
- Virtual Hardware and Software:
- Communications Tier 1:
- OpenSystems Pittsburgh for Cisco
- Communications Tier 2:
- Communications Other:
- OpenSystems Pittsburgh for Aerohive and Brocade
- Network Wiring:
- TV Distribution:
- ASCC for Aurora, Kramer and related equipment
- Open Systems Pittsburgh for vBrick and related equipment
- Visual Presentation:
- SmartSolution for SmartBoards and related equipment
- AllCovered for Promeathean Boards, Samsung and related equipment
- Open Systems Pittsburgh for AV Rover, Crestron and related equipment
- ASCC for Aurora, Aavelin and related equipment
- Security Systems:
- Open Systems Pittsburgh for Lenel, GE, S2, IQEye, Panasonic and related equipment
- ASCC for Axis, Sony, Aiphone, Advidia, Line Safety Power and related equipment
- Sound Systems:
- Open Systems Pittsburgh for Biamp, Crestron, AKG and related equipment
- PrismWorks for CyberData and related equipment
- ASCC for Apogee, QSCAudio, Listenpoint, Telex, Quam, QSC and related equipment
- Intercom Systems:
- Open Systems Pittsburgh for Rauland Borg and related equipment
- ASCC for Terracom and related equipment
- VoIP - Other:
- Prismworks for 3CX and related equipment
- Open Systems Pittsburgh for ShoreTel and related equipment
- VoIP - Open Source Based Solutions: