Positive Behavior Support
Positive Behavior Support is a service designed to meet the challenging behavioral needs of students within our geographic region.
Services include, but are not limited to:
School-Wide Positive Behavior Support:
Coaching to support the implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS) within our districts for students in general and special education programs.
Pennsylvania Positive Behavior Support Network Facilitators are available to provide guidance to schools in the implementation of a tiered School-Wide Positive Behavior Support.
Chapter 14 requires staff to be properly trained in positive behavior support, de-escalation strategies, and the effective and safe use of any behavior restraints. There are students who need physical intervention to prevent injury to themselves or others. Without proper training both staff and students can be harmed. Safety Care training provides a systematic approach for evasive, defensive and responsive strategies which prevent injury to students and staff. This training is 2 full days. Each year after that is a 1-day recertification training.
For more information please click here for the Safety Care Web Page.
Classroom Based/ Student Consultation:
• Consultation and collaboration with districts to support effective behavioral interventions within the Multi-tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) framework
Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA):
• Facilitation of the FBA process (Initial Line of Inquiry; development of data collection tools; direct student observation; and compilation and analysis of data)
• Assistance with the development of Positive Behavior Intervention Plans (PBIPs) and the design of individualized positive behavioral strategies
• BIP Coaching (modeling implementation of the plan; coaching of classroom staff implementing the plan; troubleshooting plan; and fading of support) • FEE for Service
• Training opportunities for district professional and paraprofessional staff through both formal training and on-site team consultations